In ACTS, Regulations are defined as information that pertains to environmental permits, Regulations, or company policies. Users and compliance managers use Regulations in ACTS to address compliance Requirements for applicable Assets. Requirements are individual conditions within a permit, Regulation, and/or policy. Regulations may be associated with Facilities, Equipment, Projects, Tasks, etc. Tasks are actionable requirements assigned to company personnel. A single repeating requirement (i.e., monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.) will generate multiple Tasks. To access the Regulation page from the main menu, users may select the Compliance module then Regulation.
The Regulations page is comprised of the following tabs:
|PAGE TABS|| DESCRIPTION
|| This tab contains the general Regulation information such as: Regulation Name, Type, Media, Status, Agency, Description, etc.
|| The Requirements tab lists the individual Requirements of the Regulation such as: Requirement Type, Frequency, Description, and Task information. Each Requirement that generates a Task should be assigned to one or more people.
|| Requirement Limits
|| This tab describes the emission or operational limits for each Requirement and states whether or not this data should be compared against the live data.
|| The Facilities tab lists the Facilities that are assigned to this Requirement.
|| This tab lists the Equipment at the associated Facilities that apply to each Requirement. This link is critical in comparing Requirement limits to Equipment data.
|| The Projects tab lists the Projects that are associated with the regulation.
|| Regulation Task Assignees
|| This tab lists the people who are responsible for every Requirement Task that is generated for every Facility associated with this Regulation.
|| Requirement Task Assignees
|| This tab lists the people who are responsible for specific Requirement Tasks that are generated for every Facility associated with this Regulation.
|| Facility Task Assignees
|| This tab lists the people who are responsible for every Requirement Task that is generated for a specific Facility associated with this Regulation.
|| Requirement-Equipment Task Assignees
|| This tab lists the people who are responsible for specific Requirement Tasks that are generated for specific Equipment associated with this Regulation.
|| The Correspondence tab logs the Correspondence regarding the Regulation.
|| This tab stores the Files that are associated with the Regulation.
Renewing a Regulation
If a Regulation has a new Issue Date or number but all the other information is the same, users may renew that Regulation in ACTS. The steps for renewing a Regulation are as follows:
- Navigate to the Explorer Tree on the Asset Explorer page.
- Find the desired Regulation, and click the icon in front of that Regulation. A dialog box will appear with several menu options.
3. Select Renew from the Menu.
4. The "Regulation Update" window will open. Enter the cutover (i.e., renewal) date in the field
provided and select OK.
5. The following actions will take place:
- A new Regulation will be created. The name of the new Regulation will be the same in the ACTS record except it will be proceeded by the words: "Copy of." The "Copy of" name should be edited appropriately on the Information tab and saved.
- The Status of the previous Regulation will automatically change to "Voided."
- The old Regulation will automatically be given an Inactive Date that is prior to the Issue Date of the renewed Regulation. This will prevent overlap between the two Regulations.
6. Add/Update any necessary data on the other Regulation tabs.
- Enter all required information on the Information tab. Note: All fields that require data are indicated by an asterisk (*). Select the Save icon in the main menu at the top of the page before proceeding to step 2. For data to appear as dropdown items, it must first be saved in ACTS.
- Users can add information on the remaining tabs by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the "Add a new row" icon (i.e., the icon shaped like a plus sign). If data for multiple rows has been added, users may select multiple items by pressing and holding CTRL and selecting the items. Users can delete a row by selecting the icon that looks like a trashcan, and they can insert a row by selecting the arrow icon. For a visual list of the most common icons in ACTS, click here.