ACTS allows users to track all milestones within a large-scale Project. The Project page can be used for one-time Project management, or it can be used to develop a template based on a Project Type. Projects may be associated with Facilities, Areas, Regulations, People, etc. To access the Project page from the main menu, users may select the Tools module then Project.
The tabs that comprise the Project page are as follows:
|PAGE TABS|| DESCRIPTION
|| This tab contains general Project information such as: Type, Phase, Cause, and Description.
|| The Attributes tab contains Attributes that are specific to the type Project as defined by a company. The fields may be changed by an ACTS administrator.
|| This tab is restricted and lists the people who can view or edit the Project information. Note: This tab is reserved for authorized personal only.
|| The Tasks tab lists the tasks assigned for this Project.
|| This tab logs the invoices that are associated with the Project.
|| Release Log
|| The Release Log tab logs the different types of Releases associated with this Project.
|| This tab lists the Contaminants that are driving the remediation.
|| Remediation Technologies
|| This tab lists the various remediation technologies that are used in this Project.
|| The Facilities tab lists the facilities that are associated with the Project.
|| This tab lists the Areas that are associated with the Project.
|| The Agencies tab lists the Agencies that are associated with the Project.
|| This tab lists the Regulations that are associated with the Projects.
|| The People tab lists the People who are associated with the Project.
|| This tab lists the Vendors that are associated with the Project.
|| The Countries tab lists the Countries that are associated with the Project.
|| This tab lists the States that are associated with the Project.
|| The Counties tab lists the Counties that are associated with the Project.
|| This tab lists the Addresses that are associated with the Project.
|| The Locations tab lists the Locations that are associated with the Project.
|| This tab stores the Files that are associated with the Project.
- Enter all required information on the Information tab. Note: All fields that require data are indicated by an asterisk (*). Select the Save icon in the main menu at the top of the page before proceeding to step 2. For data to appear as dropdown items, it must first be saved in ACTS.
- Users can add information on the remaining tabs by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the "Add a new row" icon (i.e., the icon shaped like a plus sign). If data for multiple rows has been added, users may select multiple items by pressing and holding CTRL and selecting the items. Users can delete a row by selecting the icon that looks like a trashcan, and they can insert a row by selecting the arrow icon. For a visual list of the most common icons in ACTS, click here.
Mapping an Address and/or a Location
From the Addresses and Locations tab, users can access online maps via Bing, Google, and MapQuest. Below are steps for mapping within these tabs:
- Select the "Add a new row" icon, enter all required information, and select the Save icon.
- Select the row with the desired location. The row will highlight.
- Click the mapping icon (i.e., the flag icon) at the bottom of the page. A dialog box will appear with the online mapping options.
- Select the desired mapping website. The website will open in a new tab or window.