The Pooled Unit page allows users to establish associations between various Assets, which include, but are not limited to, Facilities, Equipment, and Leases. Pooled Units allow alternate groupings of Assets beyond the groupings that are established by Areas, Portfolios, and Locations. To access the Pooled Unit page from the main menu, users may select the Land module then Pooled Unit.
The tabs that comprise the Pooled Unit page are as follows:
|PAGE TABS|| DESCRIPTION
|| The Information tab contains general Pooled Unit information such as: name, status, type, and comments.
|| This tab contains Attributes that are specific to the person as defined by a company. The fields may be changed by an ACTS administrator.
|| The Facilities tab lists the Facilities that are associated with the Pooled Unit.
|| This tab lists the Equipment that is associated with the Pooled Unit.
|| The Leases tab lists the Leases associated with the Pooled Unit.
|| This tab lists the Location data that is associated with the Facility, such as latitude, longitude, UTM, etc.
|| The Files tab stores the Files that are associated with the Person.
- Enter all required information on the Information tab. Note: All fields that require data are indicated by an asterisk (*). Select the Save icon in the main menu at the top of the page before proceeding to step 2. For data to appear as dropdown items, it must first be saved in ACTS.
- Users can add information on the remaining tabs by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the "Add a new row" icon (i.e., the icon shaped like a plus sign). If data for multiple rows has been added, users may select multiple items by pressing and holding CTRL and selecting the items. Users can delete a row by selecting the icon that looks like a trashcan, and they can insert a row by selecting the arrow icon. For a visual list of the most common icons in ACTS, click here.
- On the Areas, Facilities, and Equipment tabs, a dialog box will appear after users click the "Add a new row" icon. Enter the name or the first few letters of the desired Facility and select Search. If the user typed in the exact name, the dialog box will close and a new row will be added with the name of the desired Facility. If the user typed in a few letters of the name, the search results with that combination of letters will appear to the right of the dialog box. In this case, the users should double click the desired option. The dialog box will close, and the chosen Facility will auto-populate into the new row. This same process applies to the Leases page, except users will be prompted to enter the name of the Lease rather than the name of a Facility.
Mapping a Location
From the Locations tab, users can access online maps via Bing, Google, and MapQuest. Below are steps for mapping within this tab:
- Select the "Add a new row" icon, enter all required information, and select the Save icon.
- Select the row with the desired location. The row will highlight.
- Click the mapping icon (i.e., the flag icon) at the bottom of the page. A dialog box will appear with the online mapping options.
- Select the desired mapping website. The website will open in a new tab or window.
- Select the row with the desired geographic coordinates. The "Coordinate Conversion" window will open.
- If Latitude and Longitude coordinates were already entered, these fields will be populated in the "Coordinate Conversion" window. If not, enter location information in Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds. Use decimals or the Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM).
- The coordinates will be converted and the location will be mapped. Other assets with location data will be displayed on the map. To zoom, select + and/or - or scroll using a mouse. Click and drag to move the map. Select Satellite to view a satellite version of the map.
- Scroll down and select OK.