In ACTS, a Facility is defined as a physical grouping of Equipment. To access the Facility page from the main menu, users may select the Assets module then Facility.
Facilities are classified based on permitting and/or reporting standards. The table below details default Facility Types in ACTS. Companies may contact an ACTS administrator to have additional Facility Types added to the list.
|FACILITY TYPE|| DESCRIPTION
|| Compressor Station
|| Facility contains compressor engine(s)
|| Corporate Building
|| Facility is used for H & S reporting and indirect GHG reporting
|| Crude Oil Pump Station
|| Facility contains liquid pump station(s) for liquid pipelines
|| Dehydration Facility
|| Facility contains well(s) with dehydrators only
|| Drip Station
|| Facility contains pipeline meter(s) with condensate tank battery
|| Facility contains E&P Pit(s) or storage pit(s) only
|| Gas Processing Plant
|| Facility contains gas refinement
|| Gas Treatment Plant
|| Facility contains gas scrubbing (sweeting) prior to entering the pipeline
|| Land Owner Water Well
|| Facility is used to log location information for water well owners near facilities where hydraulic fracturing is used
|| Maintenance Shop
|| Facility is a stand-alone shop/warehouse; i.e., equipment storage or repair shop
|| Meteorological Station
|| Facility is used for air emissions calculation and modeling where meteorological data is required
|| Meter Unit
|| Facility contains meter(s) only
|| Facility is a field office location, used for H&S reporting and indirect GHG reporting
|| Facility is only used as a place holder during data transfers during systems integration; this is NOT meant to be used on a day-to-day basis
|| Pig Launcher
|| Facility is used to track fugitive emissions and waste water from pigging operation
|| Facility contains pipeline segment(s)
|| Plan of Development
|| Facility is used for permitting for large scale field development
|| Portable Source
|| Facility is used for equipment that gets moved around, i.e., portable generators, pumps, engines, tanks, flares, etc.
|| Facility contains remediation site for plumes that have migrated offsite/downstream
|| Storage Yard
|| Facility contains equipment storage yard but no equipment operations
|| Tank Battery
|| Facility contains wellhead(s)/wellpad(s) with bulk storage tanks
|| Well Pad
|| Facility contains multiple wells at a single site
|| Facility contains wellhead without other equipment or wellhead and pumping unit
The Facility page is comprised of the following tabs:
|PAGE TABS|| FUNCTION
|| The Details tab contains general Facility information, such as: Facility Name, Area, Facility Type, Facility Status, Comments, etc.
|| This tab contains Facility Attributes that are specific to a company. The fields may be changed by an ACTS administrator.
|| The Addresses tab lists the Addresses that are associated with the Facility.
|| This tab lists the regulatory Agencies that govern the Facility.
|| Agency Accounts
|| The Agency Accounts tab lists the type of Agency accounts and account numbers.
|| Associated Facilities
|| This tab lists how this Facility is associated with other Facilities (e.g., shares a berm or output goes to).
|| The Locations tab lists the Location data that is associated with the Facility, such as latitude, longitude, UTM, etc.
|| This tab lists the People who are associated with the Facility.
|| The Correspondence tab lists the phone numbers that are associated with the Facility.
|| This tab lists schedules associated with the Facility.
|| The Regulations tab lists the Regulations that are associated with the Facility.
|| This tab lists the projects that are associated with the Facility.
|| The Files tab stores the Files that are associated with the Facility.
- Enter all required information on the Details tab. Note: All fields that require data are indicated by an asterisk (*). Select the Save icon in the main menu at the top of the page before proceeding to step 2. For data to appear as dropdown items, it must first be saved in ACTS.
- Users can add information on the remaining tabs by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the "Add a new row" icon (i.e., the icon shaped like a plus sign). If data for multiple rows has been added, users may select multiple items by pressing and holding CTRL and selecting the items. Users can delete a row by selecting the icon that looks like a trashcan, and they can insert a row by selecting the arrow icon. For a visual list of the most common icons in ACTS, click here.
- On the Facilities tab, a dialog box will appear after users click the "Add a new row" icon. Enter the name or the first few letters of the desired Facility and select Search. If the user typed in the exact name, the dialog box will close and a new row will be added with the name of the desired Facility. If the user typed in a few letters of the name, the search results with that combination of letters will appear to the right of the dialog box. In this case, the users should double click the desired option. The dialog box will close, and the chosen Facility will auto-populate into the new row.
Mapping an Address and/or a Location
From the Addresses and Locations tabs, users can access online maps via Bing, Google, and MapQuest. Below are steps for mapping within these tabs:
- Select the "Add a new row" icon, enter all required information, and select the Save icon.
- Select the row with the desired location. The row will highlight.
- Click the mapping icon (i.e., the flag icon) at the bottom of the page. A dialog box will appear with the online mapping options.
- Select the desired mapping website. The website will open in a new tab or window.
The Coordinate Conversion option allows users to convert types of coordinates.
- Select the row with the desired geographic coordinates. The "Coordinate Conversion" window will open.
- If Latitude and Longitude coordinates were already entered, these fields will be populated in the "Coordinate Conversion" window. If not, enter location information in Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds. Use decimals or the Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM).
- The coordinates will be converted and the location will be mapped. Other assets with location data will be displayed on the map. To zoom, select + and/or - or scroll using a mouse. Click and drag to move the map. Select Satellite to view a satellite version of the map.
- Scroll down and select OK.