In ACTS, Equipment is defined as an asset or item located at a Facility. The Equipment page allows users to add, edit, and delete Equipment. To access the Equipment page from the main menu, users may select the Assets module then Equipment. The Equipment page is organized by the following tabs:
|PAGE TABS|| FUNCTION
|| The Details tab contains the general Equipment information, such as: Source and Internal Names, Manufacturer & Model, Facility, Equipment Type, Comments, etc.
|| This tab contains Attributes that are specific to the type of Equipment as defined by the company. The fields may be changed by an ACTS administrator.
|| Emission Calculations
|| The Emission Calculations tab contains the formulas that are used to calculate the emissions for the Equipment item. The list of available calculations may be changed by an ACTS administrator.
|| EF & Variables
|| This tab lists emission factors (i.e. power, speed, heat rate, fuel consumption, etc.) that may be used in the Emission Calculations for the Equipment item.
|| Equipment Associations
|| The Equipment Associations tab lists how the Equipment item is associated with other Equipment (i.e. link emission controls, meters, stacks, etc.).
|| This tab lists how this equipment is associated with other Facilities (i.e. shares a berm or output goes to).
|| The Locations tab lists the Location data that is associated with the Facility, such as latitude, longitude, UTM, etc.
|| This tab lists people associated with the Equipment item.
|| The Correspondence tab logs Correspondence regarding the Equipment item.
|| Operational Data Collection
|| This tab describes the types of Operational Data that is collected for the Equipment item.
|| PTE Operational Data
|| The PTE Operational Data tab lists the Potential to Emit (PTE) Operational Data (i.e. maximum runtime) for the Equipment.
|| This tab lists the regulatory Requirements that are associated with the Equipment.
|| The File tab offers storage for files associated with the Equipment.
The type of Equipment is important when associating an Equipment item with Regulations, Files, and other ACTS records such as: regulation Requirements, Emission Calculations, Emission Factors (EF) & Variables, etc.
The following table outlines default Equipment Types and descriptions:
|EQUIPMENT TYPE|| DESCRIPTION
|| Amine Treater
|| Amine treater unit
|| Secondary containment unit
|| Office building for GHG or safety reporting
|| Pressure vessels component for integrity testing
|| Compressor unit only; the driver (engine) is stored separately
|| Dehydrator unit
|| Fuel based motive power source for pumps, compressors, Gen-Set, etc.
|| External Combustion Device
|| Generic category for heaters, incinerators, combustors, etc.
|| Open or enclosed flare
|| Valves, flanges, actuators, etc.
|| Device that converts mechanical energy into electricity
|| Component heater for tanks, dehy, separators, etc.
|| Tank loadout
|| Fuel or flow meter
|| Miscellaneous Control
|| Miscellaneous control
|| Miscellaneous Equipment
|| Emission control devices, such as catalysts, strippers, etc.
|| Mobile Source
|| Fleet vehicles, drilling rigs, corporate jet, ATVs
|| Pipeline segments for GHG and DOT
|| Pits and ponds
|| Pump units, particularly pneumatic pumps
|| Separator unit
|| Exhaust stack, excluding vents
|| Aboveground, belowground, and bunkered tanks, including drums
|| Thermal Oxidizer
|| Thermal oxidizer unit
|| Turbine unit
|| Valve unit, including low/high bleed pneumatic valves and controllers
|| Vapor Recovery Unit
|| Vapor recovery unit
|| Facility ECD or equipment vent used to store estimated vented volumes for fugitive emissions
|| The wellhead
- Enter all required information on the Details tab. Note: All fields that require data are indicated by an asterisk (*). Select the Save icon in the main menu at the top of the page before proceeding to step 2. For data to appear as dropdown items, it must first be saved in ACTS.
- Users can add information on the remaining tabs by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the "Add a new row" icon (i.e., the icon shaped like a plus sign). If data for multiple rows has been added, users may select multiple items by pressing and holding CTRL and selecting the items. Users can delete a row by selecting the icon that looks like a trashcan, and they can insert a row by selecting the arrow icon. For a visual list of the most common icons in ACTS, click here.
- On the Facilities tab, a dialog box will appear after users click the "Add a new row" icon. Enter the name or the first few letters of the desired Facility and select Search. If the user typed in the exact name, the dialog box will close and a new row will be added with the name of the desired Facility. If the user typed in a few letters of the name, the search results with that combination of letters will appear to the right of the dialog box. In this case, the users should double click the desired option. The dialog box will close, and the chosen Facility will auto-populate into the new row.
Via the Explorer Tree, users can transfer Equipment from one Facility to another without losing the data associated with that Equipment.
1. Navigate to the Explorer Tree.
2. Select the Equipment icon beside the desired Equipment item.
3. A dialog box will open. Click Menu in the dialog box, and select Transfer to Another
4. The Transfer Equipment dialog box will open. Enter all relevant data and select OK.