The Data Manager lets users update values for a group of related records, and export records in multiple formats. For example, a manager can bulk update a group of equipment records with a new inactive date, and export the details to a PDF to share with facilities supervisors. The update options available depend on a user’s security role.
There are two options to update records:
- Individual new values: Users choose different values for individual records, then commit all the new values.
- Bulk update: Users select records on the page, choose the same new value for all of them, and commit the change.
A Data Manager process may include several steps. Each step is used to update a different field in the record group; for example, on one page the update field could be Emission Factor, while on another the update field could be Runtime.
To update records with Data Manager:
1. At the top of Intelex, click the Node Navigator, click Tools at the bottom of the list, and then click Data Manager:
2. In the list of Process Types, click the parent Process, and after it expands, click the child Process:
3. To begin, users need to select the records they want to work with. Depending on how Data Manager is configured, they may have a single selection step, or multiple selection steps.
Typically, users will choose the group of records they want to work with using options that match the Asset groupings in Asset Explorer.
To choose an area or similar sub-grouping of records, click Select at the right of the field and choose the sub-section of records to update, and then click Load to get the records:
4. If there are multiple steps (which could include different record selection options, or different update field options) users will see arrows at either side of the step name. They can click the arrow to move between steps:
5. If users have several steps that let you select a sub-set of records, they’ll see a second or third step with additional filter options, a bit like this:
a. For each step that’s available, the user can choose the record group they want to work with using the Select or Date Range options.
6. If users want to update individual records:
a. To begin, check the box at the left of all records you want to update.
Note: Click any of the column headers to sort records, and click the Filter icon on any column header to choose the filter(s).
The final column is typically the value the user can update; click the field to choose the new value for each selected record:
b. Finally, click the Commit Changes icon on the page toolbar:
7. To bulk update with a single value for several records:
a. To begin, the user will check the select box at the top left of their records list, or check the box at the left of each record they want to update. Next, on the page toolbar, the user will click the Bulk Update icon.
The Bulk Update selection dialog box will open; the user will click the update option field and choose the option they want to apply to all selected records:
b. Finally, the user will click Update to submit the changes for all records in the listing.
To export records from Data Manager:
1. Follow the steps above to get the list of records to export.
Note: Users must move to the step that shows the record details they want to export. Different steps can have different record details.
2. On the page toolbar, click the Export icon, then add the required details and click Export: