Agency Exceptions are official notifications of exception from a compliance regulation by a state or federal agency. Agency Exceptions include, but are not limited to: agreed orders, consent decrees/consent orders, notices of violation, and settlement agreements. To access the Agency Exception page from the main menu, users may select the Compliance module then Agency Exception.
The Agency Exception tab allows users to:
- Assess the status of an exception that has been issued.
- Log the compliance requirements of the Agency Exception.
- Assign resources to Agency Exception tasks and requirements.
- Document any correspondence with the Agency.
The Agency Exception page is comprised of the following tabs:
|PAGE TABS|| FUNCTION
|| This tab contains the general Agency Exception information such as: Agency, Exception Type, Exception Status, Media, or Issue Date, etc.
|| The Requirements tab includes Frequency, Description, and task information. Each Requirement that generates a task should be assigned to one or more people.
|| Requirement Responsibilities
|| This tab lists the person/people who are responsible for each Requirement.
|| The Correspondence tab logs correspondence regarding the Agency Exception.
|| Supplemental Environmental Project
|| This tab includes supplemental environmental projects (SEPs) that are associated with this Agency Exception.
|| The Facilities lists the facilities that are associated with the agency exception.
|| This tab lists the Equipment that is associated with the Agency Exception.
|| Agency Exception
|| This tab lists the association of this Agency Exception to other Agency Exception.
|| The View/Edit tab allows users to determine who has access to the Agency Exception record.
|| The File tab offers storage for files associated with the Agency Exception.
- Enter all required information on the Information tab. Note: All fields that require data are indicated by an asterisk (*). Select the Save icon in the main menu at the top of the page before proceeding to step 2. For data to appear as dropdown items, it must first be saved in ACTS.
- Users can add information on the remaining tabs by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the "Add a new row" icon (i.e., the icon shaped like a plus sign). If data for multiple rows has been added, users may select multiple items by pressing and holding CTRL and selecting the items. Users can delete a row by selecting the icon that looks like a trashcan, and they can insert a row by selecting the arrow icon. For a visual list of the most common icons in ACTS, click here.
- On the Facilities tab, a dialog box will appear after users click the "Add a new row" icon. Enter the name or the first few letters of the desired Facility and select Search. If the user typed in the exact name, the dialog box will close and a new row will be added with the name of the desired Facility. If the user typed in a few letters of the name, the search results with that combination of letters will appear to the right of the dialog box. In this case, the users should double click the desired option. The dialog box will close, and the chosen Facility will auto-populate into the new row.
Unique Features of the Agency Exception Page
Users can attach files, view tasks, and associate Agency Exceptions on the Agency Exception page. Below is a list of icons and locations where users can access these features: